Jen Threat earned her Master of Science (M.S.) degree in magazine publishing at New York University and was a cum laude graduate of Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism in advertising management.
She has over 16 years of experience in sales and marketing at magazines and non-profits.
Jen developed the idea of a teen magazine as a graduate student at NYU. There was a void for a magazine that gave urban girls that confidence in education, career, self-esteem and body image. She recognized that there are many girls, who are talented, but need the encouragement that they can succeed.
- Presenter of Digital Magazine program for teens at Brooklyn Public Library
- Ph.D Project Conference Participant
- Education Chair of Transformational Leadership Conference, Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza Corporation
- Cover subject and winner of Stiletto Women Magazine’s Most Amazing Women on the Web
- Invited guest to CBS Early Show Saturday
- Grand prize winner of Queens Economic Development Center Business Plan Competition during its first year
- Judge of Queens Business Plan Competition
- Grand Prize Winner for New York of the Miller Urban Entrepreneurs Business Plan Competition during its first year
- Profile feature in Rolling Out Magazine
- Double Dutch Magazine featured in the Queens Courier